- /Browse news by topic
- /Carbon news
Total 58 articles are classified under this tag.
Wednesday, 13 April 2022 3:52pm
* Expert panel canvasses views on Victoria's emissions reduction target
* GPT buys two tonnes of offsets for every tonne of residual emissions
* No more coal and gas, Greens leader says Read more...
Thursday, 07 April 2022 2:18pm
* Bank Australia net-zero pledge targets home owners
* Minister seeks to make coal generators give more notice of closure
* Australia to Asia iron ore "green shipping corridor" under investigation Read more...
Monday, 04 April 2022 1:44pm
A court has ordered a Whitehaven subsidiary to pay $158,750 to NSW’s Environmental Trust after it polluted an ephemeral creek near its open-cut coal mine. Read more...
Tuesday, 22 February 2022 12:44pm
An EY cost-benefit analysis has costed the lifetime greenhouse gas emissions of a Glencore coal project at $70,000, but a separate consultancy has told the NSW government a figure of up to $294 million would be more accurate. Read more...
Thursday, 10 February 2022 3:59pm
The High Court today refused a coal mining company's application for leave to appeal over a refusal of development consent linked to greenhouse gas emissions from coal combustion. Read more...
Thursday, 10 February 2022 12:46pm
AGL will reduce its carbon emissions out to 2050 by at least an extra 90 million tonnes, and will partner with others to repurpose its fossil fuel generation sites into circular economy hubs. Read more...
Monday, 17 January 2022 12:42pm
* Victoria makes almost zero progress towards key biodiversity goal
* Viva Energy, Telstra and Air Liquide win renewable hydrogen grants
* Fugitive emissions from gas pipeline could be offset by capturing coal mine methane: KPMG study Read more...
Thursday, 16 December 2021 8:43am
Documents obtained by the Australian Conservation Foundation show a coal mining company is likely to have to surrender more than 840,000 ACCUs next February. Read more...
Friday, 10 December 2021 3:25pm
Although the federal government refused to sign a Glasgow pledge to phase out coal generation in the 2030s or soon after, a new AEMO report says Australia will have a coal-free grid by 2043. Read more...
Monday, 06 December 2021 3:57pm
* Coal company has track record of shoddy NGER reporting, Regulator says
* Federal Labor would sign more clean energy power purchase agreements
* Minister strips Independent Planning Commission of power to decide on coal mine Read more...
Page 1 of 6 | Total articles: 58