- /Browse news by topic
- /Carbon news
Total 44 articles are classified under this tag.
Tuesday, 05 October 2021 2:15pm
* Alcoa commits to net-zero
* New national push to standardise waste reporting
* Coal heartland accounted for 87% of Victoria's SO2 emissions Read more...
Friday, 17 September 2021 1:22pm
* Origin Energy cuts Eraring emissions by 4%, almost doubles fly-ash re-use
* Telstra ramps up use of local credits, investigates scope 3 emissions
* Victoria assessing all water options to fill coal mine pits Read more...
Tuesday, 14 September 2021 2:54pm
The NSW Court of Appeal has rejected arguments by a coal company that it was unlawfully refused consent for a mine because of invalid concerns about scope 3 emissions. Read more...
Tuesday, 17 August 2021 8:16am
Two Whitehaven subsidiaries have been fined a total of $372,500 for clearing three access tracks in the wrong locations, failing to prepare a rehabilitation plan, and drilling boreholes in the wrong places. Read more...
Thursday, 12 August 2021 10:18am
A mothballed Glencore mine is leaking large quantities of methane, and the company has ceased applying control measures, according to a new report from the Australian Conservation Foundation. Read more...
Monday, 09 August 2021 2:27pm
* Federal and NSW governments award recycling grants totalling $24 million
* Whitehaven to face new coal phase-down shareholder resolution
* New industry group aims to boost market for methane-cutting seaweeds Read more...
Thursday, 29 July 2021 2:06pm
* Agriculture giant to beef up sustainability reporting
* All Australian banks will be out of thermal coal by 2035: Anna Bligh
* Viva Energy offers carbon-neutral avgas Read more...
Thursday, 22 July 2021 1:23pm
* AGL commits to shareholder vote on climate reporting
* ASIC asked to investigate mining company
* Time running out to meet Paris goals: New BloombergNEF energy outlook Read more...
Thursday, 22 July 2021 12:36pm
South32 says uncertainty over the approval of a key metallurgical coal mine expansion is behind a $997 million write-down of its coal business, and the company has laid out its reasons for seeking a court order that consent was invalidly refused. Read more...
Wednesday, 21 July 2021 11:58am
AGL would have to explain ahead of its demerger how capital expenditure by the two new companies would align with Paris goals, under a shareholder climate change resolution. Read more...
Page 1 of 5 | Total articles: 44