- /Browse news by topic
- /Carbon news
- /Hard-to-abate industries
Total 16 articles are classified under this tag.
Monday, 30 August 2021 11:29am
Fortescue Metals Group has examined the ramifications of a "climate shock" in the late 2020s to early 2030s that triggers a global economic contraction, its latest climate report shows. Read more...
Wednesday, 30 June 2021 3:22pm
The federal government has awarded a consortium of universities and companies $39 million to establish a new Heavy Industry Low-carbon Transition Cooperative Research Centre. Read more...
Friday, 18 June 2021 2:32pm
A Wesfarmers bond issue marks a new frontier in securing financial value from good sustainability performance. Read more...
Wednesday, 16 June 2021 11:31am
With the help of an ARENA grant, Rio Tinto will examine the feasibility of using renewable hydrogen instead of fossil gas at its Yarwun alumina refinery. Read more...
Tuesday, 15 June 2021 11:48am
* ARENA to launch $43m industrial energy program
* Queensland allocates $60m to boost carbon and environmental markets
* Transport agencies launch sustainability program Read more...
Friday, 04 June 2021 3:26pm
* BlueScope to brief investors on climate strategy
* New renewables zone tipped to unlock $10.7bn in private investment
* Surge in demand for carbon offsets, increased buyer diversity: GreenCollar Read more...
Friday, 21 May 2021 12:19pm
ARENA has provided an $11.3 million grant to Alcoa to test a technology that could cut alumina refinery emissions by 70%. Read more...
Monday, 17 May 2021 3:15pm
* New air quality standards gazetted
* Incitec Pivot revisits climate change risk assessments
* Renewables mega-hub seeks revised EPBC approval Read more...
Friday, 09 April 2021 11:33am
Accelerating progress to net-zero and ensuring heavy industry decarbonises will be a key focus for the Climate Change Authority for the next few years, according to new board member Susie Smith. Read more...
Monday, 08 March 2021 12:28pm
* NSW to offer $750m to big emitters and new low-carbon businesses
* BHP signs $19m greenhouse gas agreement with steelmaker
* Victoria extends solar subsidy scheme to small businesses Read more...
Page 1 of 2 | Total articles: 16