- /Browse news by topic
- /Carbon news
Total 50 articles are classified under this tag.
Wednesday, 16 June 2021 11:31am
With the help of an ARENA grant, Rio Tinto will examine the feasibility of using renewable hydrogen instead of fossil gas at its Yarwun alumina refinery. Read more...
Wednesday, 02 June 2021 3:59pm
* Minerals Council releases first climate action progress report
* EnergyAustralia proposes pumped-hydro storage at Mt Piper power station
* Fortescue chief urges automated hydrolyser production Read more...
Thursday, 20 May 2021 4:38pm
Ampol will this year build a demonstration hydrogen plant at its Lytton refinery, as part of a $100 million spend on decarbonisation projects, and will achieve net-zero operational emissions by 2040. Read more...
Monday, 17 May 2021 3:15pm
* New air quality standards gazetted
* Incitec Pivot revisits climate change risk assessments
* Renewables mega-hub seeks revised EPBC approval Read more...
Wednesday, 05 May 2021 3:58pm
The federal government has proposed changes to its NGER emissions reporting scheme to accommodate projects that inject CO2 underground to recover more petroleum. Read more...
Wednesday, 05 May 2021 11:44am
Three hydrogen projects have won ARENA grants totalling $103 million, and grant winners along with those that missed out might still receive a share of $300 million in CEFC finance. Read more...
Wednesday, 21 April 2021 10:57am
Today's CCS and hydrogen pledges by Prime Minister Scott Morrison mean that in the week of the Biden climate summit he has announced funding for climate change actions totalling slightly more than $1 billion. Read more...
Wednesday, 14 April 2021 2:00pm
* Victoria rejects beverage industry's preferred container deposits model
* Origin inks hydrogen MoU with Townsville Port, as WA hydrogen project advances
* Two industrial energy efficiency projects receive first credits Read more...
Monday, 29 March 2021 10:38am
Eastern Australia's gas sector "is on the cusp of transformation", says a new report by the Australian Energy Market Operator. Read more...
Tuesday, 23 March 2021 2:55pm
* Victoria and NSW overhaul mine rehabilitation requirements
* 1,150MW of new battery storage proposed for Victoria this month
* Federal officials to appear before Steggall bill inquiry
* South Australia investigates exporting hydrogen to Europe's largest port Read more...
Page 1 of 5 | Total articles: 50